Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Mud wars


I have taken a break for lunch. My living room looks like a mud bomb went off there. It is absolutely, insanely covered in blick mud. I am going to embarrass myself by showing you the work in progress.

This is what my living room wall looks like at the break.

   This is all fine and dandy, but the next step is going to be infinitely worse. Once all this skim coat is dry I have to sand everything. Now we are talking serious mess. uuhhhh...
   Ok, I have to go and get some old sheets to drape over everything that is still in the living room. See ya later! When you see me next I am sure I will be looking like Casper the ghost, but I will be one step closer to paint. Gotta go...

4 comments:

  1. Way to go! I am impressed at your know-how and drive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby refused to hire anyone to do anything, and always had a project on the go. His helper, if he allowed one, was me. More often than not I stayed out of the way though. Plus I watched alot when all the basement renos were going on here. I take suggestions and run with them to the best of my ability. I am a little proud though that I am doing all this myself. I was sanding the walls until almost eight tonight, but that is done. On to paint tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. UGH... been there. Done that.

    Then I moved. LOL

    Way to go! Looking forward to the final product!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go girl! It's going to look awesome -- can't wait to see it! And by the time you are done, you will certainly deserve a nice break (ie. visit me) and I will certainly see to it that I provide you with a drink or two to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails