Saturday, January 16, 2010

Exhausted fingers bang out a feeble attempt at a blog post - Day 6 in Reno Land

   I am exhausted. It is 9:05 as I write this and I think I might just go to bed when I finish my post. I have no witticisms tonight. I continued on my quest to redo my living room. The girls and I went to buy more paint this morning and also picked up two new light fixtures for the front door and hallway. We returned home for lunch and when they went down for nap, I grudgingly picked up a paint brush again. Today's task was trim. I suppose I only started around one this afternoon, but I kept at it till dinner. Even then, I only stopped long enough to eat my gourmet chicken pie and noodles and sauce, then pushed myself back to the task at hand. By just before bedtime all the crown mold and baseboard was painted, as well as all the trim around doorways. Perhaps I just work slow, but alas I did not get the doors painted (there are 7 of them). Also, I need to put a second coat of paint on the half wall at the front door and sand the bay window. Of course once the bay window is sanded, it too will need to see paint. Tonight I just don't care anymore though. I did manage to swiffer a little bit of the floor and dust the wine rack, cabinet and end table. They were put back into place. The vacuum needs to make an appearance though before too much more can be moved back into place. I cannot lift another finger though tonight. I give up. And as for tomorrow? On the seven day after creating my world, I shall rest. I promised the girls we would do something fun. They have put up with a lot while I have been busy transforming our world. Either outside play (skating, snowmen?) or a play space of some kind is in order. Monday is another day...

2 comments:

  1. 2 things struck me about this post.

    1. Half wall?? Did you cut it down?? When did that happen?

    2. You dusted off the wine rack and put it back. First off... disappointed that it got dusty even. Second... nice to see you still have your priorities! LMAO

    I am enjoying reading about your renos. I don't however envy you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, 3/4 wall. It won't be cut down til later. Maybe the spring, but who knows. And of course the wine is back in place. Amazing there is any left!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails