Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Growing through love

   It is Tuesday evening. I enjoyed a lovely roast beastie dinner this evening with friends. The kids all ate well and got properly spun out by their dessert of chocolate and mini cinnamon rolls. I relished playing the role of sophisticate sipping red wine and discussing classic children's literature, homeless people and whatnot stuff. We laughed and socialized. I felt normal. I am a part of the world. I even worked today. My "job" is not one I had ever really visualized myself in, but I am thoroughly enjoying the experience of being an artist's apprentice/assistant if you will. How novel! How bohemian. How truly me. I also attended the second meeting of my new book club last night. Again feeling tres sophistice discussing the merit of a piece of literature (actually it was agreed that the novel we read was not a favourite amongst us and the author was not overly respected) We drank wine and ate cheese, crackers and truffles. We pontificated on relationships with Mothers and how that changes over time. All very real world. All lovely experiences that I am thoroughly enjoying. All things I could never have dreamt of doing two years ago.
   My world is a constantly evolving thing that I am enjoying more every day. While I would love to have Brad at my side to watch our children laugh and grow, that reality is not something that I can reach out and touch. While my Brad is still very real and walks with me daily, he is not something that I can curl up to in bed. He still offers me more love than I could imagine and much insight into life, he can never again watch the kids so I can run to the store for milk or mushrooms. Whatever figures creep into my world might offer a warm spot in bed for a moment, but the bed is mine alone. I hesitate to offer me for fear of hurting me, my girls and the reality that I still am trying to figure out and settle in. I crave someone to help hold the reins of life, but cannot help the critical eye I cast on candidates. Not good enough for the girls, or Brad, or worse ME? Truthfully I still don't hold myself high enough just yet to trust instincts and old flames. I want someone to be by my side and be perfect, but know that will never be. Not right now. Maybe not ever, but I doubt that. In my heart, I feel that a more deserving soul will walk upon my path some day and we will smile on each other. I do feel that. Maybe I have read too many fairy tales, but I think it is more the love that I have been honoured to be showered with over the last two years. I know Brad will always walk with me, but I suspect that he is ready to step aside when I am ready to love myself enough to walk with someone else. Beautiful soul. Thank you

3 comments:

  1. Damn you, you just made me cry. And I'm at work!

    That was so lovely...
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Corrie. It is funny, as I wasn't intending to talk about Brad at the beginning of my post. He is a part of me and I get reminders of how special our relationship was in unexpected ways. He has been filtering into my thoughts the last few days in gentle ways. His love was a stalwart image that I am molding to my needs now. He was never one to hold my hand as we walked along or profess his love over flowers, but it was very real. Sometimes that is harder to face now with him physically gone. It makes me feel special though. This might be received in the same vein as my last post, but that is me. You should know by now to keep the kleenex not too far when you walk into my world. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make all my fear, despair, pain and regret seem so trivial. You raise me up. You lift me higher. You make me a better person. I am not afraid anymore!! You have shown me that love endures, love never ends, love conquers all. (And you made me cry)

    - R

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails