Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Birthdays

Birth - days
40 of them lined up 
to make you 
a man
ex-
perienced
at life
and beyond.
but you have missed
5 of them now
and I won-
der if
it
matters
any more...

Happy Birthday Brad
♥


birth
hopeful, triumphant
beginning, propelling, embarking
on the road to tomorrow
today
◘
death
cold, final
ending, transforming, culminating
closing the door of yesterday
forever

5 comments:

  1. hugs, happy birthday to your man....and his memory...and hugs to you on this day...

    heavy last verse there...in its truth...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Brian: Thanks Brian. It seemed appropriate to balance the two.

      Delete
  2. Sending hugs and love in your direction, K. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully expressed, Katherine!

    Sending you a BIG hug....

    (((((((((( You )))))))))))

    I also enjoyed the last two verses. You're right, it's a balance. Like the changing of the seasons.

    X to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails