Wednesday, December 7, 2011

what if...

sunshine with rainbows
pretty ribbons & bows
doves trailing peace lilies
with goodness else knows

I'm suffocating under smiles,
reeling from rose petals dreams
frightfully twinkling with trembles
and darn effervescent twould seem

a heart explodes
with what ifs and maybes
this pounding chest
so foreign of its beauties

love songs play
and in confusion I turn
for so long painful
and a thing to spurn

but I sit here at peace
my soul lit with hope
for today's door swung an inch
lord knows if I'll cope





8 comments:

  1. An inch? Woo-hoo! To paraphrase (and otherwise totally butcher) an old saw, every most wonderful adventure begins with an inch-wide opening of a door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. smiles...sounds like a good thing...right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I have are smiles to offer right now Patti & Brian. My face is starting to hurt though. :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Katherine,

    Lovely poem. You have painted beautiful word pictures which makes me feel happy and optimistic about life. It is a wonderful world full of beauty only if we keep our eyes open and take time to see and not run around busy with our hectic schedules.

    Have a nice day,
    Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Possum: I spin between wanting to kick the door closed, to giving it a bigger push, from one minute to the next. Interesting times

    @Joseph: Thank you Joseph. Taking that time is important. Certainly harder over the holidays, but I am trying. Lovely of you to stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Me: Glad you are because my emotions are swinging wildly on this side of the computer screen. Ack! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails