Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Letting Go

*Ok Laura, this one's for you! I think you have slipped in there too Corrie.

Change is hard. People often offer platitudes of "it will be okay" or "you'll adjust". When it comes right down to it though, it isn't okay and you often do not want to adjust. Sometimes we seek change, but often change happens. Change can be the loss of a spouse, child or friend, moving to a new home, starting a new job/career/school or even waking up in the morning. Change happens every day.

Why is change often so scary? It is something new. It may offer brilliant new opportunities and wonderful new people. Or it may challenge our concept of who we are and who we want to be seen as. It can bring unknown experiences that may be good or bad. Sometimes change brings pain. We are leaving the old me behind. Life will not be as it was before and there is security in the familiar. It does not always matter if that familiarity is positive or negative. It is familiar.

Alas, we cannot avoid life and the inevitable steps forward it brings. It is okay to mourn what we have had. I feel we respect ourselves and that time to offer it a sad goodbye. Change is hard and we need to allow that it is hard. Life is a never ending challenge and we are all warriors for getting up and facing that change every day. However much we may want or not want it, life happens. Lean on me and we will get by.

1 comment:

  1. Are ya TRYING to make me cry?!?! LOL

    Your words are so thought provoking. You have yet again hit the nail on the head and have summed up all our conversations into one blog. (I am feeling the need to blog about your blog as there is so much reeling in my head now!)

    Thank you. I will lean on you and you can lean on me anytime! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails