Thursday, August 18, 2011

I Leave You with "Sunday"


I'll be headed out of town again this weekend. Strapping the girls onto the hood of my tractor and moseying on over to a wedding a few towns away. I might not get back here to write much more up, but I just wanted to say that I miss you all when I'm not around! My friends out there in the blogosphere are the best, most supportive lot around. And as I truly feel like you care just a smidgen about me and my two cents worth, I do try to make an effort. Therefore today, while I was getting my hair done (so that I'd be all dolled up for the wedding), I snuck in some writing. Yup, while I "processed" my pen scribbled across the pages of one of my journals to capture stories for you dear folk. I managed to get not one, but TWO chapters of my African tale written. That way, even if I don't get back here on Monday, you can still wander through Africa with me. I'll be back though and look forward to hearing what you think!

And so that this post is not too dull, I thought I should throw in a little something extra as well. I dug deep and came up with an ancient poem to share this evening, entitled :

Sunday

I escape to words today.
Small smile for others,
But gray eyes inside lay.
     The rain pours down...

Letters that I don't have to say
Written, not mailed
Away. Now,
     The thoughts poured down...

Looking through watery lids
Streaks cover the pane
Where a question breeds.
     A tear drops down...


2 comments:

  1. evocative piece of poetry...what a cool pic up top there...have a great time while you are away k...see you soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Brian: Thank you on the poetry & on the pic too. Having fun at a local apiary/ adventure farm last week. I must admit, I slightly edited the poem last night before posting it, but it was written over 16 years ago. I seem to have always strived to wrench poetic thoughts from my brain. Some good, some not so much, but interesting to look back at it. Be well my friend.
    Hugs,
    Katherine

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails