Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sunshine on my Table

Sunshine on my table

I had a really nice visit with my folks last night. We stayed up too late and probably drank too much, but aren't suffering as much as we could have been. As is my wont, problems of the world were tackled. We don't necessarily solve them, but we bond and make our worlds better because of it. The rough mornings that sometimes follow late night ramblings are accepted as penance for over-imbibing, but I would not change them. A strong bond is forged in love and understanding. We make mistakes. We walk paths that are strewn with the debris of life's challenges. Together we hold hands and look at the path and make peace with the journey. We recognize that it is not always easy. Time gives insight. Family is there. Their role changes with time's passing. They will be family forever. Today their beauty is in friendship.

1 comment:

  1. Katherine,

    There is sunshine on your table. But, more importantly, there is sunshine in the hearts of all who walk with you, share with you, care with you and love with you. Thank you for the sunshine. To quote lines from an old song "you make me happy when skies are gray". Glad that you had a good time with mom and your folks. Life is about family and friends. Sunshine comes from loving, giving and sharing. You embody all of these.
    Just got home from Sunday mass. Feel a halo coming on. Take care.

    Randolph

    By the way, thanks for all those kind references you make of me in earlier blogs. Is it really me or am I just being presumptuous?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails