Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I can do it!

   Ok, I am loving blogging, but getting frustrated in trying to learn how to add new stuff! I saw some cool counters, but cannot make them work! Anyone help out there in blogger land?


   In another vein, I am thrilled to have had someone sign my recent addition of a guest book. Even more exciting was that it was the author of one of the books on my night stand! Neat! Super cool in my book. I have been excited about the fact that I have been doing well at writing in my blog on a regular basis and have got positive feedback from a few fronts. Thank you for all those encouraging me! It is a great feeling to have a voice and know that it is valued. I have dear friends and appreciate all the kind words shared. I feel I am a lucky soul to have that support. I know that some nights my words are loose and not worth much, but I still give myself a pat on the back for putting forth my effort. My NaNoWriMo winner friend is a source of inspiration at her perseverance. It keeps bringing me back. I find that some nights the words that flow are surprising and often wonderful. To me if no one else, but I have had smiles sent my way. I am learning that my own smiles and encouragement should be higher on the list of positive feedback too, but that is my own personal goal and struggle.

   So what is my goal and struggle for today? To be able to take the words that burble within me and set them to paper for a broader audience. Dare I say a book? Again my worst enemy shakes her head and tries to claim I cannot do it. "You do not have the perseverance!" she smirks. She shouts. I am trying not to listen, but finding it hard to give dedication. I had wonderful support today for this as a realistic goal. "Do it! Make it happen! Set a goal and timetable and it can and will become a reality". I really and truly want this to be a reality. It would just tickle me so much to be able to say I wrote a book. Another thing to sell it, but that is a challenge for another day. Today is to set aside time and WRITE. Yes.

 "Thursday you say?"
Bring it on. Let's give it a whirl...

1 comment:

  1. One word: statcounter.com (or is that two?!?), if you set it up as an invisible counter as per the directions they give it is SO EASY even I could do it!

    I saw the note in your guest book, congrats on that one...not many bloggers can say that has happened to them, I'm sure.

    And lastly...I am glad to be a source of inspiration. Let me pass on a few words of advice that inspired me: give yourself permission to write badly. You can clean it up later, *no one's* first draft is any good. There is great freedom and wonder in just wandering aimlessly about the page. Sometimes it will turn out to be not-so-much, yes. But it's all part of the journey...(and by the way, I'd be happy to let your "worst enemy" share the box I've stuffed my "inner critic" in!)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails