Sunday, March 3, 2013

The Wild Side

A day of rest? 
bah!

Lou Reed keeps me company
as I scour corners,
cleanse counters
and discover dark niches 
that never see the light of day

All while the dishwasher washes,
washer & dryers spin
and I play dervish
with the vacuum hose
and iron will to sanitize this home

Sunday,
bloody Sunday
good for nothing or
built for everything good
the house of the lord 
never holds dust
so today
must be one step closer 
to God

hey babe
take a walk on the wild side

and as I try to remember where 
the mop I'm sure I own lives
this feels like
my version of a walk
on the wild side

look at that kat 
go, go, go...

doo, di doo, di doo, doo didoo, doo...

2 comments:

  1. hahaha how come i see you dancing around with said mop in the kitchen as you clean...lol..take the shoes off and slide around on your socks too...smiles...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Brian: Are you peeking? ;) heehee

      You can eat off that floor now, so I'm going to take a wild stab and say that milk will be spilled on it tonight over dinner.

      Just sayin...

      doo, di doo, di doo, doo didoo doo, di doo, di doo, doo, didoo dooooooo...

      Delete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails