Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My Arid Mind


dry arid plains
this I see
in  me
now.
words 
spilled into 
the forest of folks
that pay dearly for 
2 cents worth of
my time & 
brain
waves.
lush frolicking 
meadows of metaphors
spilled ripe across
their desks
while I
stare
at
a
__

blink-
ing
cur-
sor
that
begs
for
an
end
and
my
bed
...


Oh Jinksy, I love your arid plains & have been waiting for some words to spill out of me to dance across your painting. Alas, my days rob my brain of fluid motion by evening. This paltry offer I give to you, but I just wanted to say that your pictures are lovely. Thank you for offering them. If you like the image here, go check out the In Tandem site and check out some of Jinksy's other works. She has a great eye for colour! Happy Tuesday all.

8 comments:

  1. ha. sorry all your creativity gets sapped...well maybe not all this was fun...nice play on the pic...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Late at night or not, I;glad you stared at the cursor long enough to let these words appear! LOL. Love the way their shape waters an arid spot with raindrops. Thank you for helping to pedal the Tandem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blinking cursor curse. We have all experienced it. Even while writing comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about your arid mind but nice words... hopefully your day is bright and flowing with light ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the picture and your words meet it.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Brian: After writing several articles pretty much every day this week, when it came time to write for me, it seemed painful. I managed not too badly though I guess. Thanks Brian.

    @Jinksy: Your pictures say so much to the eye,I had to offer a little something. Thanks for hosting a fun meme Penny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Monkey Man: sometimes the comments can be even harder MM! I guess that it will happen from time to time though & a torrent of words is our reward later.

    @Grace: The week got better, but was pretty hectic. Glad it is the weekend now! Thanks for visiting Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Kath: It is a pretty picture isn't it! I cannot claim the artistry, aside from the accompanying words though. Glad you liked them though.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails