Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Visitor

Stumbling in
with a fearful grin.
Will they show smiles
or toss me out to snow piles?

Why soever do I doubt
my fain erstwhile clout
for hugs did abound
& remembrances astound

dear friends counted true
time no match for you
inquiries honest thought
and sincerity truly bought

This passage marches on
and workmates, some gone,
but delightful none the same
despite leaving the repair game.

For they were mates by
punch-clocks cry.
Yet friends of mine
those forever I find.


$$$

Hey-
I can just barely squeak this under the wire
I am going to link this up to One Shot Wednesday
and perhaps do a little more visiting tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. ok the polished language is hard on my beggars ears...smiles...sometimes walking into a place can be rathr intimidating...but there is nothing like a good friend...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Brian: haha! Touche my friend. A little too rhymie, rhymie? Ah well, they can't all be perfect. I was in visiting at my old workplace today and feared getting a thrashing for not having visited in forever and a day. A mild Tut-tut, then lots of hugs. And plenty of smiles to last the rest of the day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been here, visiting, looking back in a world that continues to move forward. A little too rhymie rhymie? Perhaps, perhaps not...Sometimes we need a little order in a chaotic world and from:

    someone who can't make words rhyme
    you show me yours and I'll show you mine...

    Smile through the day and enjoy it.

    (Enjoyed your route through Africa map)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a faaaaaaaaaaaabulous poem, Katherine!

    I sincerely loved your clever rhymie!

    "Why soever do I doubt
    my fain erstwhile clout
    for hugs did abound
    & remembrances astound"

    Brilliant!

    Happy Thursday, my friend!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Tolbert: Thank you so much for stopping to peruse my world. I have to say that I also went for a tour around your pages and was blown away. I feel so small measured against your dark vibrancy. I appreciate your comments on my map and wonder if you had chance to tour the other pages linked to the map. I have a story accumulating there and I would love it if you took a wander with me through Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Ron: Aww, Ron, you are my biggest champion. blush
    Happy Thursday to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good friends usually last longer than good lovers...and a LOT longer than bad lovers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Timoteo: Don't you know it! Ha. Nice one Tim. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails