Wednesday, January 5, 2011

becoming

quiet sleeps 
the house this night
after
songs sung,
food flung,
and patience won
by this humble 
Mama

I am 
becoming.
no strife
fills me,
chills me,
overwhelms
Me.
not tonight.

Worlds spin
around my orb.
I feel,
but sit still
content
to let chaos
be someone else's
baggage.

Don't misunderstand.
I sorrow,
would beg and borrow
that tomorrow
would ease
the wounds
and woes
for all.

turmoil,
so  often
a  bedfellow,
has left the hearth,
left my heart,
left my hurt
and left me 
wondering.

Wondering
how to live,
how to thrive,
how to believe
in myself
and life
when it is all
in mine own hands.

I go forth.
face the day
with clear eyes.
the past behind me,
the future
a glimmer
a piece of
a new day.

~

It is a New Year
and the first Wednesday
that I get to share
with the poets
and friends

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails